The employee must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be successful in this position:
- Be aware of and comply with the regulatory requirements to ensure that legal and professional responsibilities are met.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Update own personal and professional education and development at every opportunity.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with patients.
- Is wholly accountable for own practice in line with the Code of Professional Conduct and takes every opportunity to improve your knowledge and professional competence.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned and required.
Clinical – relating to the treatment of actual patients
- Treat illnesses, diseases, neurological and respiratory issues in a wide range of patients, including complex patients with multiple conditions.
- Attempt to rehabilitate patients to allow them to feel comfortable and cope in their day-to-day life.
- Utilise a wide variety of skills and treatment procedures, including passive modalities, manual therapy and therapeutic exercise to expedite recovery.
- Deal sensitively with patients who have high levels of anxiety and aggression caused by pain or limited mobility.
- Assess and treat patients’ physical problem/condition.
- Develop and review treatment programmes that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques.
- Involve carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients and educate patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions.
- Write patient case notes and reports.
- Keep up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients.
- Carry an active caseload as required by service demand.
- Maintain professional confidentiality.
- Work to the highest professional standards.
- Attend the regular team brief sessions and obtain important information.
- Effectively liaise with Departments to maintain good working relationships.
- Provide support to other employees and team members.
- Observe cleanliness, tidiness, health and safety and security and report problems to Head of Physiotherapy.
- Prepare for and participate in regular development and performance reviews.
- Develop and maintain a positive working environment by demonstrating flexibility, enthusiasm and reliability.
- Participate in Continuous Professional Development initiatives and in-service education programmes.
- Undertake personal and professional development.
- Actively encourage patient education and health promotion based on current research and best practice.
- BSc/Diploma in Physiotherapy or Physical Therapy.
- Current Licensure: Country of origin/UAE. Experience 1. Minimum two (2) years’ experience post qualification in related field. Skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English, Arabic an advantage).
- Interpersonal skills to establish a rapport with patients and their families.
- Team work skills to collaborate with other healthcare professionals and doctors.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Tolerance, patience, sensitivity and tact.
- Organisational and administrative skills.
- A genuine concern for the wellbeing and health of patients.
- The ability to work under pressure and manage your time effectively.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Caring and empathetic.